Our non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization was started by six women in October 2002. Our mission is to provide assistance to financially-struggling working families in Kent County, DE by supplying holiday gifts (clothes and toys), back to school needs (book bags packed with age appropriate supplies), shoe certificates, as well as new and gently used clothing and household items as needed throughout the year.
We maintain a warehouse where client families can come shop once a month throughout the year at no cost. We depend on community donations of new and gently used items and funding. We also give a new gift and a new book for each child's birthday.
We have no paid staff; we are all volunteers. Even our warehouse and electricity are donated. CHHH has two special programs each year centered on back-to-school (Heart and Sole) and Christmas/holiday that serve approximately 100-125 low-income working families.
P.O. Box 415, Camden, DE 19934
1309 Ponderosa Drive, Magnolia, DE
1. Practice social distancing
2. No children under 12 will be allowed in the facility unless they are in a shopping cart
3. Shopping by appointment is suggested
4. Existing clients may email (email@example.com) or
call (302-698-1900) for an appointment to shop
5. We are accepting shopping appointments for every Tuesday (10am-2pm), 1st Wednesday evening each month(4:30-6:30pm) or 1st & 3rd Saturday each month 10am-12pm